[Translation] Skype: Hacking and Security issues FAQ

Discussion in 'Forum for discussion of ANTICHAT' started by Дрэгги, 8 Mar 2007.

1. Дрэгги

Дрэгги Elder - Старейшина

Reputations:
    What Skype has to offer in relation to the safety of talks?

As far as it is known Skype uses non-public protocols and encoding algorithms so there has been no point in discussing the possibilities of overhearing any talks via Skype so far. The connection between the clients is established directly (a peering network is used i.e. data are transferred without intermediaries... P2P). Even in case someone is able to sniff out the data it won't do him any good as all packages are encoded before being sent. Is it then possible to use Skype for "dirty business"?

Basically this choice is acceptable. As example, say, you ordered some goods with using CC and just before this you had taken care of being subscribed to the number in the USA so thus in this exact case you should not have any problems what kind of number to specify upon having processed the purchase:) There's nothing much to do but to wait for a call on your number and confirm "your" intent to make a particular purchase. However it should be well noted that some of the shops have already taken into account such trickery and watch it over that the number is associated with the real address, so the failure is quite possible. At least in the USA there are problems with this, but there's a whole lot of shops in Europe and the possibility to subscribe to SkypeIn in Switzerland for example.

How to recharge Skype account?

The rechargement is possible by using CC, and payment systems such as PayPal and Moneybookers.

Is it worth all the trouble to steal Skype accounts?

Most certainly it's worth it, moreover Skype supports the possibility of transferring from one account to another, so it doesn't take you any effort to bruteforce the account, log into it, transferring anything left there to yours or for example to rent a few numbers or call anywhere. Besides there's an opportunity top sell those money....Here basically your opportunities are endless, just only do not forget about anonymity, because all sorts of things happen.

How to steal Skype account?

Well firstly you'll need to download the bruter itself. (Try here http://slil.ru/23330915 or here http://forum.asechka.ru/showthread.php?p=199729). Then everything is quite simple - we generate the list, login, password, create a file for successfully bruted accounts in a notepad and start the program itself (not forgetting to adjust the quantity of torrents and autosaving period additionally). There's no need to use proxy here as the quantity of given tries to access is unlimited. The sorting out process here takes place through SSL thus making bruting speed rather low. There has been guesses that there's going to be limitations of the quantity of given tries to access put into operation in the nearest future.

Does the program written under Linux exist which I could upload to my shell and brute from there?

I haven't heard about such program. Should it appear, I suppose its developer will gain quite a profit because bruting Skype isn't as widely spread as bruting ICQ at present, even though it is indeed more "profitable".

How to compile brute list correctly?

A very up-to-date question this one is... There hasn't been any programs yet which could help to make up a decent list, therefore I would suggest you to stick with an old-fashioned method. Through the search inside Skype itself (I think there's no point in telling what country to use for searching user logins:)) we find logins (for a wider list just press "Show more...") and use the program for recognizing the text on the monitor (works in scanner's place), I'm not going to write down the names because I think everyone has them...then just paste 'em in the notepad and bring to "final perfection". Then we use any kind of generator of "login; pass" type (same as for ICQ)...

How to brute correctly?

Here I think you will need to read something about bruting ICQ, there has been enough talking about that in the forum...but if still too lazy then:

- it is for the best to brute using only one password for the big amount of logins and not vice versa.

- simple passwords lke "qwerty" rarely work, so think to bother about getting some good vocabulary.

- it should be duly noted how registering an account takes place (pay particular attention to minimal and maximum size of the used password, this will help you to get unneeded passwords off the vocabulary sorted out.)...

Original copyright: И.Г.

(c) 1/11/2006
    Exclusively for antichat

English version translation by Дрэгги

5 people like this.
  2. Дрэгги

Reputations:
    Phew. I'll probably not going to post these translations too often but I have high hopes they will be easy understandable by our English community:)

2 people like this.
  3. И.Г.

И.Г. Elder - Старейшина

Reputations:
    :)...good job. I hope you didn't translate it with the help of Prompt.

#3 И.Г., 8 Mar 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: 8 Mar 2007
  4. Дрэгги

Reputations:
    Nope, read more carefully - there's no way Prompt or whatever had that quality. I used usual book-type dictionary and it took me around 2 hours to complete this.

1 person likes this.
  5. bx_N

bx_N Elder - Старейшина

Reputations:
    good job,take +

6. NeMiNeM

NeMiNeM Elder - Старейшина

Reputations:
    Good translation.
    Keep trying.